Monday, January 18, 2010

Fearless | Indianapolis Child Photographer

"Praise Him, Praise Him, all you little children, God is love, God is love....."

She softly sang the words over and over again in the van. And as we splashed through the puddles. And while we shopped. And as she sat in the cart in the checkout line. I caught myself feeling slightly embarrassed by her singing as I anxiously waited for my groceries to be bagged. But then I realized it wasn't really embarrassment. It was jealousy.

The innocence of a child is an absolute wonder. No concern about what others will think. No thoughts of how they might appear to others. Just totally fearless. If only my witness could be the same.

Today I am so thankful for my little girl. My girl who loves to laugh, loves to sing, and loves the one who brings true joy: Jesus.

wm e DSC_0625

wm e DSC_0653

wm e DSC_0640

2 comments:

Kristen said...

What a beautiful girl you have! It is such a blessing to hear children singing to their saviour. I heard my son singing Amazing Grace the other day and was overjoyed.

Also- it must be nice to never have to drag your kids to J.C.Penney to get their pictures taken! Your photographs always make me smile.

Rebecca said...

she is beautiful and I love all the images you captured.... Keep up the great work.