Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Do You Barter?

I know there are lots of photographers who frequent this blog and lots of non-photographers too. Regardless of your line of business or what you're doing, I'm curious how many of you barter rather than paying out cash.

Personally, I love to barter. Business-wise, I've bartered pictures for music use, pictures for an iron (don't ask), and am in the process of bartering pictures for some yard landscaping. Personally, we barter babysitting all the time. If two parties are both in need of a service, why bother paying out both ways?

I'd love to hear some of the creative things you all have bartered for! (That is, assuming I'm not the only one who does this, of course!)

And because posts are ALWAYS better with a picture, here's another sign of spring that I caught today on the way home from breakfast:

wm e DSC_0463

6 comments:

Andy and Cari said...

I would if I had something you wanted...Do I have something you want? I am sorry, but my good looks and wicked-wonderful personality are not up for grabs...

MRP said...

Umm, yes I have bartered with a few shops on etsy... they send me their product in exchange for photos to use on their etsy pages. Other than that I haven't done anything locally - although I would totally do it.

katherine said...

thanks for being such a "loyal" reader :) hang in there -- you know the end and the engagement is pretty cool!

and i don't think i've ever actually bartered. but, i'd be willing to...

Amy's Anecdotes said...

If I had another iron I would give it to you for some fabulous one year pictures:) however I dont have another iron...anything else?

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

I am so open to bartering. I could make you some butter or freezer meals or you could use my daughter as a model.

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't mind doing any bartering! I am starting my own cleaning business. Check out: www.armourcleaningservices.com