Tuesday, May 25, 2010

For Sale: Nikon D40




The time has finally come for me to part with my Nikon d40. I purchased this camera brand new 2 years ago when I started my business and used it for about 8 months before I upgraded to the Nikon d80. I kept it as my backup camera, but now I'm getting ready to upgrade again so my d80 will be my new backup. The sale of my d40 will go towards my d700.

Nikon1

The d40 is in PERFECT condition - no scratches, dents, or dings anywhere! And I have never had any performance issues with it.

Nikon10

Nikon4

The price listed is for the sale of the BODY ONLY, but the kit lens (18-55mm/3.5-5.6) can be purchased new for $100 from B&H Photo - or if you prefer, I'll throw in my used kit lens, still in great condition due to its low usage, for another $80 (non-negotiable) if you don't want to hassle with purchasing a new one.

Nikon7

Nikon6

Nikon5

Nikon3

It should be noted that this is not a professional-grade camera and that the d40 does have lens compatibility issues with some of the higher grade lenses. (All lenses can be USED but some require manual focusing.) This is the perfect camera for non-professionals desiring to own a DSLR but not wanting to pay the big bucks. And despite the recent Nikon additions of the d3000 and the d5000, the d40 still ranks higher in performance and costs less money according to some!

Nikon9

Nikon8

I am starting the bids at $225 (which I consider a steal considering the low shutter usage and mint condition) and will accept bids until midnight on Friday, June 4th. If you're interested, please email me at heidi (at) indyphotographyonline (dot) com. Shipping costs and insurance are included in your purchase. Once paid, the sale is final. No refunds will be given.

So, to wrap up, here's what you'll be getting:

Nikon d40 body (used)
optional 18-55mm/3.5-5.6 kit lens (used)
2 batteries (or maybe it's 3)
1 battery charger
camera manual
shipping and insurance

Please feel free to post general questions in the comments section so others can see. Happy bidding!

3 comments:

Bethany Brindle said...

Will you notify people that have placed bids when someone has placed a bid higher than theirs?

Amy said...

Howdy, neighbor,

Hope you had a great holiday weekend :) What is the current bid on the camera?

Unknown said...

I was wondering if you're still taking bids?

-Alaina