Friday, July 9, 2010

Appreciation

"I must be looking really great today," I thought to myself as I headed south on US-31. A couple of teenage guys had glanced at me a few times from their red two-door vehicle in the next lane. I'm 25 now and I drive a mini-van. Teenage guys don't typically flock to those traits. So naturally, I assumed my beauty was radiating from my driver side window. But then I glanced in the mirror and immediately new why they were looking at me. My hair.

You see, today is Cow Appreciation Day at Chickfila. And since Chickfila happens to be our very favorite fast food restaurant, naturally we participate in this event every year. On July 9th, if you dress like a cow, you get free food. And since I'm all about free food, it's a mandatory calendar date for us each summer.

This year I made myself a smock dress, layered it over a pair of black leggings and threw my hair into pigtails complete with cow hair ties. It's okay if you never want to speak to me again. I know I'm a dork. My three oldest kids wore their cow t-shirts (from last year's CAD) and Savannah wore a dress nearly identical to mine. We were quite the herd if I do say so myself.

We met up with several neighboring herds friends from church and enjoyed our absolutely free food! Reagan was sad that she didn't get to see the cow up close. Keaton and Sienna sighed with relief. And Savannah just gulped down bite after bite of chicken and french fries. It was a pretty good time. And speaking of time....there's still time left if you want to participate! Hit up your local Chickfila for dinner dressed in cow attire and enjoy your meal on the house!

BlogCow

2 comments:

Amy said...

Awesome! You should take a family picture of your herd :)

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

I love it that you used the word "herd". You all looked adorable today and I must say that I am immensely proud of your sewing ability - I saw Keaton's pants and those were great too!